It has been a very eventful year for The Found Generation. Some of the highlights of this year include:
– Receiving additional funding and support from the O2 Think Big programme after successfully applying to their higher level funding and support programme, Think Bigger
– Receiving invitations to important speaking slots at two major conferences – the Youth Employment Convention and the Oxford Education Conference, as well as invitations to a number of other important conferences and events.
– Preparing written evidence for the NUS Commission on the Future of Work
– Preparing and releasing our first major report – “Practical Solutions to UK Youth Unemployment” – after extensive research. The report was subsequently referred to in a debate in the House of Commons by former government minister Chloe Smith MP.
– Receiving three prestigious awards, including two awards from the British Youth Council
– Working closely with Youth Employment UK, through participating in their Advisory Board and on campaigns such as their “Youth Friendly MPs” campaign. Our Director, Andrew, is now the first Chair of the Advisory Board of Youth Employment UK despite being the youngest member of the Board.
We hope that the next year – with the May 2015 General Election looming – will be where our work finally comes to fruition.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all our supporters and followers.